Guidelines for Opening Up America Again
President Trump has unveiled Guidelines for Opening Up America Again, a three-phased approach based on the advice of public health experts. These steps will help state and local officials when reopening their economies, getting people back to work, and continuing to protect American lives. Please click here for more information: Guidelines for Opening Up America Again
· Testing Overview (HERE)
· Testing Blueprint (HERE)
· Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting Public Spaces, Workplaces, Businesses, Schools and Homes (HERE)
· CDC Activities and Initiatives Supporting the COVID-19 Response and the President’s Plan for Opening America Up Again (HERE)
White House COVID-19 Updates
· Readout from the Vice President’s Governors Briefing on COVID-19 Response & Recovery (HERE)
· Memorandum on Governors’ Use of the National Guard to Respond to COVID-19 and to Facilitate Economic Recovery (HERE)
· Readout from the First Lady’s Briefing on Youth Hurricane Preparedness (HERE)
Treasury, IRS Announce Delivery of 159 Million Economic Impact Payments (HERE)
· The U.S. Department of the Treasury and IRS announced today that 159 million Economic Impact Payments, worth more than $267 billion, have been distributed to Americans in two months. Payments have been sent to all eligible Americans for whom the IRS has the necessary information to make a payment.
Statement from Secretary Steven T. Mnuchin on Debt Transparency and Sustainability (HERE)
· U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven T. Mnuchin issued a statement following a call with his G7 counterparts, the European Commissioner for Economy, Eurogroup President, Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund, and President of the World Bank.
IRS Provides Relief to Retirement Plan Participants to Sign Elections Remotely (HERE)
· The Internal Revenue Service today provided temporary administrative relief to help certain retirement plan participants or beneficiaries who need to make participant elections by allowing flexibility for remote signatures.
Federal Reserve Board Announces an Expansion in the Number and Type of Entities Eligible to directly use its Municipal Liquidity Facility (HERE)
· The Federal Reserve Board on Wednesday announced an expansion in the number and type of entities eligible to directly use its Municipal Liquidity Facility (MLF). Under the new terms, all U.S. states will be able to have at least two cities or counties eligible to directly issue notes to the MLF regardless of population. Governors of each state will also be able to designate two issuers in their jurisdictions whose revenues are generally derived from operating government activities (such as public transit, airports, toll facilities, and utilities) to be eligible to directly use the facility.
COVID-19 and Beyond: Oversight of the FDA’s Foreign Drug Manufacturing Inspection Process (HERE)
· During the COVID-19 pandemic, FDA is continuing to utilize and implement additional alternative inspection tools and approaches while postponing foreign and domestic routine surveillance facility inspections.
o FDA Daily Roundup – June 2, 2020 (HERE)
U.S. Department of Labor Issues Alert to Keep Stockroom and Loading Dock Workers Safe During Coronavirus Pandemic (HERE)
· The U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has issued an alert listing safety tips employers can follow to protect stockroom and loading dock workers in the retail industry from exposure to the coronavirus.
U.S. Department of Labor’s OSHA and CDC Issue Guidance to Help Agriculture Workers During the Coronavirus Pandemic (HERE)
· The U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) today issued guidance that includes recommended actions to protect agriculture workers from exposure to the coronavirus.
USDA Approves New Hampshire to Accept SNAP Benefits Online (HERE)
· U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue today announced approval of a request from New Hampshire to provide online purchasing of food to Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) households.
USDA Approves Program to Feed Kids in Mississippi (HERE)
· U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue today announced Mississippi has been approved to operate Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT), a new program authorized by the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA), signed by President Trump, which provides assistance to families of children eligible for free or reduced-price meals dealing with school closures.
Secretary Brouillette and Minister Taylor Sign Historic U.S.-Australia SPR Lease Agreement (HERE)
· Today, U.S. Secretary of Energy Dan Brouillette and Australia’s Minister of Energy and Emissions Reduction Angus Taylor participated in a virtual signing ceremony finalizing the U.S.-Australia SPR Lease Agreement.
Army Targets COVID-19 Vaccine by End of Year, Human Testing in Summer (HERE)
· The global race to field a lifesaving COVID-19 vaccine may be nearing its last lap, as the Army aims for a vaccine by the end of this year, the force’s top medical research officer said.
For the most up-to-date information, please see the below fact sheets and the CDC’s website: www.coronavirus.gov.
- COVID-19 By The Numbers
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic Whole-of-America Response
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic Regional Response