Teamsters

North America's Strongest Union

pennsylvania liquor privatization

Today's Teamster News 05.06.13

The Rich Have Gained $5.6 Trillion in the 'Recovery,' While the Rest of Us Have Lost $669 Billion AlterNet   ...Oh, are we getting ripped off. And now we've got the data to prove it. From 2009 to 2011, the richest 8 million families (the top 7%) on average saw their wealth rise from $1.7 million to $2.5 million each. Meanwhile the rest of us--the bottom 93% --suffered an average decline of $6,000 each...

Today's Teamster News 05.02.13

Tom Morello Offers Free 'Union Town' Tracks for May Day  Rolling Stone   ...Tom Morello has partnered with the International Brotherhood of Teamsters to give away tracks from Union Town, the 2011 album from the guitarist's Nightwatchman project. Fans can simply head to the Teamsters website and submit their email addresses for the tracks...

Today's Teamster News 04.29.13

Report: Hidden overseas accounts quietly rising to surface  Washington Post   ...The IRS has recouped more than $5.5 billion under a series of programs that offered reduced penalties and no jail time to people who voluntarily disclosed assets they were hiding overseas. In all, more than 39,000 tax cheats have come clean. But there’s more...

PA guv wants to repeat WA liquor privatization disaster

Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett today proposed following Washington state's disastrous example and selling the state's liquor stores.

After Washington state privatized its liquor stores, prices rose 17 percent. Bar, restaurant and retail sales volume fell 9 percent.

So why do it? Corbett said the profit will fund education. But Pennsylvania schools wouldn't need the money  if Corbett hadn't slashed education two years ago.

Subscribe to pennsylvania liquor privatization

Sign Up For Action Alerts

Mobile alerts from Teamsters. Periodic messages. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to 86466 to stop receiving messages. Text HELP to 86466 for more information.Terms & Conditions