Following round-the-clock negotiations with Jack Cooper and one of its lenders during the week of July 29, the Teamsters National Auto Transporters Industry Negotiating Committee (TNATINC) has received a Last, Best and Final Offer (LBFO) in the form of a Restructuring Term Sheet to save more than 2,200 Teamster jobs at the company. Below are links to information about the proposed agreement and upcoming voting.
Details of the Proposed Agreement:
- SUMMARY: Key Terms of Plan to Save Teamster Carhaul Jobs at Jack Cooper
- Frequently Asked Questions About Jack Cooper Reorganization
Teamsters Jack Cooper Updates:
- August 16, 2019: Voting On Jack Cooper’s Last, Best and Final Offer To Take Place Between Friday, September 6 and Monday, September 9
- August 7, 2019: Leaders of Carhaul Local Unions Approve Sending Job-Saving Plan to Members
- August 6, 2019: Jack Cooper Files for Bankruptcy; Reorganization Plan In the Works