The International Brotherhood of Teamsters is closely monitoring the global health crisis caused by the coronavirus pandemic. Working with other unions, public health officials and other experts in our Safety and Health Department, he Teamsters Union is focused on providing our affiliate locals, 1.2 million members, and staff with the most up-to-date information and resources to help everyone in this difficult time. Many Teamster members across multiple industries are seeing the effects of the widespread transmission of the disease caused by the virus, known as COVID-19. These workers are at increased risk if they frequently interact with potentially infected or infected individuals.
The following is a list of additional resources from the CDC, OSHA, WHO and other agencies to help us all get through this challenging period.
*This is an emerging, rapidly-evolving situation. This page will be updated as the pandemic and responses to it are developed.
- TEAMSTERS STATEMENT ON CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC (March 13)
- OSHA: Information for Workers and Employers About the Coronavirus Outbreak
- OSHA: Protecting Workers During a Pandemic Fact Sheet
- OSHA: COVID-19 Control and Prevention
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): 2019 Novel Coronavirus Webpage
- CDC: What to Do If You Are Sick with COVID-19
- CDC: Prevention and Treatment
- CDC: Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- CDC: COVID-19 Information for Travelers
- CDC: COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
- The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH): Coronavirus Update
- World Health Organization (WHO): Coronavirus Updates
- Federal Aviation Administration: Coronavirus Updates
- Canadian Government: Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak Update
- DOL: New Guidance on Unemployment Insurance Flexibilities During COVID-19 Outbreak