Four-Year Contract Improves All Areas of Labor Agreement
Members of Teamsters Local 118, Rochester, New York, have overwhelmingly voted in favor of a new four-year contract reached with Genesee Brewing Company.
Some highlights of the new agreement include:
- Wage increases in excess of 13 percent over the term of the agreement
- Increased pension contributions
- 401k plan with matching contributions (In addition to defined benefit pension)
- Improved health care benefits
- Improved time off provisions
- Early retirement incentives
- Job security language associated with the modernization project
- Improved life insurance
- Improved disability plan
"Despite historical challenges and difficulties facing the brewery, we are pleased that our progressive, positive and mutually beneficial relationship with the company has been instrumental at stabilizing and growing the business. This four-year agreement recognizes the ongoing efforts of our 300 members and their contribution to the success of the business," said Paul Markwitz, President of Local 118.
Local 118 represents approximately 4,300 Members throughout the greater Rochester, New York, area. Follow us on Facebook at Friends of Teamsters Local 118, on Twitter @Teamsters118 or visit www.teamsterslocal118.org