Teamsters Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Transgender Website
The mailing address for the caucus is: PO Box 9781, Washington, DC 20016
The e-mail address for the caucus is: TeamstersLGBTCaucus@gmail.com
Our Goals and Objectives
The primary purpose of the Teamsters LGBT Caucus is to unify, educate and empower Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender members of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters and the workforce at large, to ensure equality in the workplace and to enhance workers’ power at the bargaining table, in organizing campaigns, and in the political arena.
- The Caucus intends to accomplish these objectives through the following actions:
- Advancing understanding, compassion, equality, acceptance and respect within the Teamster Organization through education and awareness.
- Bringing together members of the Caucus and other persons of good will for the purpose of promoting and participating in economic, cultural, civic, legislative, political, educational, fraternal, charitable, welfare, social and other activities which further the interests of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, the labor movement and working people in general.
- Opposing discrimination and oppression in the workplace and in all aspects of society through education and advocacy.
- Assisting other non-profit organizations having related purposes and objectives.
- Participating in community service activities.
- Engaging in political advocacy with the goal of creating equal opportunity for all citizens in the workplace and in the greater community.