The International has assembled the following toolkit of materials for local unions to use at rallies, parking lot meetings, and leafletting actions at UPS locations starting on January 3 and through the beginning of January 2023. These actions will serve as a final push to get drivers to sign up on the 9.5 list and demand an end to forced 6th and 7th punch.
- Overtime Issue Flier
- Social Media Graphics
- Rally Signs
- Instructions for Sharing Action Photos & Videos
Overtime Issue Flier
Social Media Graphics
Sample Social Media Text for Facebook, Instagram, etc.
It’s not enough to have jobs at UPS that support our families. Teamsters need jobs at UPS that allow us to see our families! Thursday (Jan. 5) is the last day to get on the 9.5 list. When you are on the list, you can stop the company from working you over 9.5 hours per day more than twice a week – and make UPS pay for any violations. Talk to your steward NOW to sign up on the list.
To win the strongest contract possible this year, we need to diligently enforce the contract we have now, including the protections we have against excessive overtime. This is about building a movement of part-timers and full-timers fighting for a strong contract that also addresses forced 6th and 7th day punches. You don’t owe UPS a single second of your personal time. Get involved so we can win an end to forced 6th and 7th punch, and address other urgent issues in the next contract!
Click below to download graphics
Note: A small quantity of rally signs are being shipped to UPS locals. We encourage you to print your own if you need additional signs.
18″ x 12″
Need a different size? Click here for 24″ x 18″ versions of these rally signs.
These files can be sent to any local printer. If you need help finding a local printer, click here to use the Graphic Communications Conference “Find a Union Printer” tool.
The following guidelines for printing should be shared with the printer you use:
• Sign size: 18″ x 12″ (or 24″ x 18“)
• Each sign – four in total – is double-sided
• The signs are full color, full bleed
Your local can decide to print all available signs or only select the ones you think will make the biggest impact with your UPS members. Let the printer know the quantity you need printed for each sign.
Share Photos & Videos from Your UPS Actions
Show UPS that the Teamsters are building a powerful, coordinated movement to win a strong contract. Follow the instructions below for submitting photos and videos from your local union’s actions. The Teamsters will feature content from actions happening in every region of the country across the International’s social media platforms.
To submit image or video files from your phone:
- CLICK HERE to upload files and indicate your local union and location of the action. OR…
- Open the UPS Teamsters app and click on “Share Action Photos/Videos.” Upload your files and indicate your local union. OR…
- Email your files to UPSvictory@teamster.org. Remember to include your local union, as well as the UPS center/location where the action took place.
- If you are sending video files, please keep them short — no longer than one minute and no larger than 50 MB.
- For photos, move in close to the action; avoid taking photos from a faraway distance.
- When possible, rotate your phone sideways/horizontal to avoid vertical image and video files.