The International is calling on all UPS Teamster locals to keep mobilizing rank-and-file members during the ongoing Contract Unity Pledge campaign and by using additional resources in this toolkit. We are on the brink of one of the most important contract fights of our lives. To win the strong, historic contract that members deserve — a contract that sets the tone for workers’ collective bargaining power across the U.S. — locals must continue to engage with members at every opportunity.
In March, we are calling on locals to hold more parking lot meetings, rallies, and leafletting actions at UPS facilities to demand more money, more full-time jobs, and no more tiers. Collect signed pledge cards and return them to the Package Division. Show our supplemental negotiating committees that the entire union has their backs.
In this toolkit:
- “Raise Wages, Remove Tiers” Fliers
- Social Media Graphics
- Rally Signs
- Notice: “Raise Wages, Remove Tiers” Stickers
- Contract Unity Pledge Talking Points
- Instructions for Sharing Action Photos & Videos
- Tips for Tabling
“Raise Wages, Remove Tiers” Fliers
Social Media Graphics
Sample Social Media Text for Facebook, Instagram, etc.
UPS is raking in record high profits. But the company is telling Teamster negotiating committees that it wants even “more flexibility.” Teamsters got UPS through the pandemic, and Teamsters are the reason this company is so successful. UPS pays part-timers little more than minimum wage in many parts of the country, while full-time drivers are divided into two tiers. Enough is enough!
Every UPS Teamster needs to stand together — every classification in every building — to demand:
• Substantial wage increases for part-timers
• Raises for ALL members
• No more 22.4s — equal pay for all drivers
• No more 6th punch and excessive overtime
TAKE THE CONTRACT UNITY PLEDGE!
Click below to download graphics
Note: Rally signs are being shipped to UPS locals. We have provided print-ready rally sign files here in case you need to print more of your own.
18″ x 12″
These files can be sent to any local printer. If you need help finding a local printer, click here to use the Graphic Communications Conference “Find a Union Printer” tool.
The following guidelines for printing should be shared with the printer you use:
• Sign size: 18″ x 12″
• Each sign – three in total – is double-sided
• The signs are full color, full bleed
Notice: “Raise Wages, Remove Tiers” Stickers
3″ x 2″ stickers are being shipped to all UPS locals along with rally signs.
Contract Unity Pledge Talking Points
We urge locals to continue getting cards signed and return signed cards every two weeks to the Package Division throughout the duration of the pledge campaign.
- The only way we’re going to win a strong contract is by showing the company we are united.
- Sign this pledge to send a clear message to UPS that we are powerful and united and ready to fight for the strong contract we deserve.
- Our supplemental/rider negotiating committee is at the table with the company right now to fight for an end to forced 6th and 7th punches and unfair discipline – and win more paid breaks for part-timers and more paid time off. Sign the card and show the committee we stand with them!
- Your union needs you to sign the pledge card to give us the show of strength we need to win the best contract possible.
- If we are going to win higher part-time pay and more full-time jobs – and make all drivers RPCDs while addressing excessive overtime, harassment, cameras, subcontracting, and PVDs, we need to demonstrate our unity across all job classifications.
Share Photos & Videos from Your UPS Actions
Show UPS that the Teamsters are building a powerful, coordinated movement to win a strong contract. Follow the instructions below for submitting photos and videos from your local union’s actions. The Teamsters will feature content from actions happening in every region of the country across the International’s social media platforms.
To submit image or video files from your phone:
- CLICK HERE to upload files and indicate your local union and location of the action. OR…
- Open the UPS Teamsters app and click on “Share Action Photos/Videos.” in the sidebar menu. Upload your files and indicate your local union. OR…
- Email your files to UPSvictory@teamster.org. Remember to include your local union, as well as the UPS center/location where the action took place.
- If you are sending video files, please keep them short — no longer than one minute and no larger than 50 MB.
- For photos, move in close to the action; avoid taking photos from a faraway distance.
- When possible, rotate your phone sideways/horizontal to avoid vertical image and video files.
Tips for Tabling
Make sure you have:
- Pledge cards: Consider pre-filling local union number and building info to make it easier for members to sign the cards.
- Rally signs
- Pens for signing cards
- Any other merch your local has to give out.
Use the rap (talking points above) to get members to fill out the Contract Unity Pledge card. (Note: Members can fill out the card on the app but please encourage them to fill it out on the card instead.)